Tuesday, October 4, 2011

child-like

Ok, I am still getting the hang of being in business.  I try to work consistently each day, but I must say, this blog isn't high on my to-do list... and our family blog, well, we'll be lucky if it gets an update before Thanksgiving.  Eek!

I just wanted to pop on for a quick minute and tell you a little story.  I've been a little tight-lipped about all of this SOWN business.  I've posted it on FB and I've blogged about it here... but actually telling a person face-to-face about it... yikes!  I worry about muddling up the message so I don't say anything.  Or I casually dismiss questions about it.  I guess its pride...and fear. 

But last week in my Bible study group I decided to just share briefly about the decision to step out and do this.  God has truly been blessing me and encouraging me on a daily basis and I wanted to share that part of it with my group... but of course, I had to share a bit about my sewing and the classes to get to the part about the blessings & encouragement.  And get this - there are two ladies in our group that are wanting to learn how to sew!  Their grandmother's had even sent them money for classes.  And in that moment I realized that if I don't share about this more, I could really miss out - because others might miss out.  It's not all about me.  And I so often get confused and think it is.

God reminded me once more about this on Sunday.  Toward the end of our Sunday school class one of the couples' sons came in.  He had two plates of treats with him, one for each of his parents.  He flung open the door and walked directly across the classroom with his eyes fixed on his parents.  He wasn't concerned with whether he was interrupting something more important, or if any of the rest of us were looking at him or not.  He just boldly came into the room with his eyes focused and his gifts ready to offer.  And I just felt like God whispered, "Daughter, come to me like that. Don't be concerned with what others think, just bring your gifts to Me with your eyes focused on Me alone."  It was really quite beautiful and a reminder that I should  be more child-like.



"Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” Mark 10:15

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what you think, I'd love to hear from you!