Thursday, September 29, 2011

strapped

I had so much fun making these straps over this last week... When we were skyping with family last weekend the two youngest were playing their guitars for one another and we realized that Aunt Victoria needed a pink guitar strap for her pink guitar.  I went to my stash and picked out this fabric which she approved of right away...
...and since my Mom-in-law just got a new camera I thought I'd try my hand at making a camera strap cover too... I had seen tutorials all over the place in the last few years but never tried it out.  So I compared all the tutorials and finally determined that I had found the best one...(click here if you want to check it out).  I liked it because not only is the strap padded, but the inside is finished and lined so it will hopefully slide over the strap easily...
When I posted on FB that I was making a camera strap cover, I got a text from my sister, Emily; asking about what I was making... so I decided to go ahead and try two at the same time.  ;)  They came together pretty quickly and the tutorial was very easy to follow along!  Now that I know how to make them, I'll probably make a few more samples, but this time with some frills...
Of course, I need to get these babies in the mail so I can find out if they work out well, before I make some more.  Glad to have willing testers in the family! 

1 comment:

  1. the camera and guitar strap are PERFECT! love them....but did I read right? you said frills? shows us those next! The camera strap is very comfortable on the neck and it slid on very easily. Thank you so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete

tell me what you think, I'd love to hear from you!