Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Apron in an hour!

 We did it!  We had our first Creative Giving class yesterday!  And it turned out to be a lot of fun.   We had 100% attendance of the ladies that RSVP'd to come.  So, I was pretty thrilled with that statistic.  There were three of us... plus three sewing machines without manuals and two very adorable toddler-baby-girls.  Thankfully we were able to get two out of three of those machines working (we determined that the third one was missing a part).  We used this tutorial...(click here to go to the tutorial).  I had used it before to make aprons as gifts and thought it was very well written.  I promise if you try to make one this tutorial will not lead you astray!  Jona the tutorial's author has even converted it to a pdf file that you can print off easily from the post on her blog.  If you get a few minutes you should peek around Jona's blog, "Stop Staring and Start Sewing!   Because its fun!"  She's extremely talented and very generous with tips and ideas!
 Erica kept encouraging me to take pictures, but I never went upstairs to get the camera... so these iPhone photos will have to do.  We were done by the time the photoshoot started and I was a bit giddy with joy by then!  Erica was quite pleased with the end result... and an excellent student too!  I must admit, the teacher in me had such fun when the AHA! moments came along!  There was one point when Erica was quite puzzled about a step and I told her just to trust me that it was going to work... and as you can see... it sure did!
Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures before our other guest  had to leave...  but hopefully she'll be back for the next class... pillowcase dresses!

Let me know if you try out the tutorial.  If you have any questions feel free to ask in the comments or email me!

I repeated a number of times yesterday "as long as you can thread your machine and you have a seam-ripper handy, you'll do just fine."  Its true!  Happy sewing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what you think, I'd love to hear from you!